Vision: How do I see myself?
What does faith see? With eyes of faith, you recognize who you are presently, but you also see yourself becoming the person God created you to be. As your spiritual vision develops you will discover the purpose for which God created you. You will also be able to see what verse eleven of Ecclesiastes chapter three 3 refers to as the “piece of eternity” that God has planted in your heart. With vision, you see the potential for greatness that lies within you, and you are guided into productive action to fulfill your purpose.
Developing your personal vision is of utmost importance because, without it, your life will lack focus, drifting along aimlessly day after day.
Get a clue
- The Bible says that the pure in heart see God, so developing your personal vision begins with asking God to create a clean, pure heart in you that is filled with faith, right attitudes and proper motives.
- Lay a solid foundation of God’s Word in your heart by reading and meditating on the Scriptures.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to renew your mind with the Word of God because your personal vision will emerge from images painted on the canvas of our minds by words and thoughts.
- Pray for the eyes of your heart to be flooded with divine light. You need divine revelation to see yourself as God does.
- On the practical side, the Bible encourages you to write the personal vision that God reveals to you for your life. In doing so, the vision will become clearer, you will be encouraged to put it into action, and you will be propelled towards the fulfillment of the vision in God’s appointed time.
[biblegateway passage=”Matthew 5:8″]
[biblegateway passage=”Proverbs 29:18″]
[biblegateway passage=”Psalm 51:10″]
[biblegateway passage=”Proverbs 4:23″]
[biblegateway passage=”Proverbs 23:7″]a KJV
[biblegateway passage=”Ephesians 1:17-18″]
[biblegateway passage=”Habakkuk 2:2-3″]
Dr. Myles Munroe, The Principles and Power of Vision
Steven Furtick, Greater: Dream Bigger. Start Smaller. Ignite God’s Vision For Your Life