Destiny: Am I fulfilling my unique purpose?
Destiny fulfillment has a spiritual and a temporal component that parallels the two key personal identity dimensions of becoming who God says you are and doing what God designed you to accomplish.
The spiritual component is directly related to the Source from which you originated. Because you came out from God as a spirit being, fulfilling your destiny means living a spirit-driven life that reflects the image and likeness of God. It also means nurturing a relationship with God throughout your lifetime that prepares you to be united with Him for eternity. You are designed for the same journey that Jesus describes in chapter sixteen of the Gospel of John, verse twenty-eight: “I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”
From a temporal perspective, fulfilling your destiny means representing God’s kingdom interests on the earth by fulfilling the unique purpose for which He created you. Again, Jesus is the Model to which you aspire. You want to be able to say like Him, “[Father] I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.”
The following questions and thoughts will help you assess how you are progressing.
Get a clue
- Have you been reconciled to God, your Heavenly Father, and Source, through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? If you have not yet taken this essential step, you will need to go back to Source, as your personal identity discovery journey starts here.
- Are you investing quality time in your relationship with Jesus through prayer, absorbing the Word of God, and waiting in His presence? These are some of the keys to being transformed from the inside out, receiving insights about your life, being strengthened in faith, and developing the kind of God partnership necessary to fulfill your destiny.
- Are you building godly relationships that honor God and advance His purposes on the earth?
- Are you building a legacy that will help prepare the way for future generations? God thinks in terms of generations and you were designed to think like Him.
- Do you have a clear personal vision for your life to guide your productivity and help you stay focused?
- Embrace the challenges and celebrate the victories on your journey to destiny fulfillment. The process is as important as the end result.
[biblegateway passage=”John 17:4″]
[biblegateway passage=”2 Timothy 4:7″]
[biblegateway passage=”Psalm 33:11″]
[biblegateway passage=”Psalm 145:4″]
Billy Graham, Nearing Home: Life, Faith, and Finishing Well
Oral Roberts, Still Doing the Impossible: When You See the Invisible, You Can Do the Impossible
Steven Furtick, Greater: Dream Bigger. Start Smaller. Ignite God’s Vision For Your Life