Design: How am I fashioned?
Because you originated in God, who is Spirit, it means that you share God’s spirit-essence, nature, moral character, attributes, and potential. God created you in this fashion for your spirit to relate to Him, for you to reflect, represent, and function like Him. This is what it means to be created in the image and likeness of God.
Your design is consistent with you being of the God kind and part of God’s earthly family. You are a spirit being and you possess a soul, both of which are housed in a physical body. Your spirit is designed to relate to God; your soul, to transmit information from your spirit; and your body, to operate in the realm of the earth and represent God’s interests.
While all human beings share the universal design of spirit, soul, and body, the sum total of the essential characteristics and qualities God built into you makes you special and fit for the unique purpose God intended for your life.
Get a clue
- “Everything you naturally have, and inherently are, is necessary for you to fulfill your purpose. Your height, race, skin color, language, physical features and intellectual capacity are all designed for your purpose.” –Dr. Myles Munroe
- To discover and become the person God created you to be, require that you know, accept and embrace all that makes you unique. In trying to be someone else you will be nothing more than an imitation. Why settle for being a counterfeit or imitation when God designed you as an original masterpiece?
- Do not make your physical characteristics the focus of your attention. Your spirit is the eternal part of your being and the place where the secrets to the real you are hidden.
- Find out the meaning and spiritual significance of the names given to you at birth. Names often reveal clues to one’s personality and unique purpose.
- Your relationship with Jesus Christ is the key to recovering the dimensions of God’s design in you that were damaged when Adam’s sin separated the entire human race from God.
[biblegateway passage=”Psalm 139:14″] NLT
[biblegateway passage=”Ephesians 2:20″] AMP
[biblegateway passage=”Genesis 1:26-28″] Message
[biblegateway passage=”John 4:24″]
[biblegateway passage=”Romans 8:29″]
[biblegateway passage=”2 Corinthians 3:18″]
Dr. Myles Munroe, The Pursuit of Purpose