"The need is the call." Bill Wilson
Our tendency is to measure history in terms of chronological time, but history does not begin in time – it begins in eternity.
The history of RIDM began before time got started. It began in eternity when the eternal God, our Heavenly Father, looked out into time and saw the crisis of identity that his family of human offspring would face. He chose, designed and finished both the solution and the carrier of the solution before the foundation of the earth; then He birthed the carrier, and set the appointed time for the physical manifestation of the solution. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says “there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.” RIDM is a phenomenon whose time has come!
I came to this earth carrying the seed for this real identity solution. My parents didn’t know it, and for most of my life, I was also unaware of this divine destiny. However, our ignorance did not hinder God’s plans and purposes. Today, with confident assurance I can say that every single thing I have experienced since my “earth day” (the day of conception when my spirit was released from its heavenly place and conceived in my mother’s womb) has prepared me for this mission.
I was first introduced to the concept of destiny in the 1980’s. It was not until a decade later, however, that I came to understand that we each have a particular destiny to accomplish on the earth.
In 2002 the dormant egg I had been carrying in my spiritual womb all my life was fertilized and RIDM became a reality.
In 2005, Real Identity Discovery Ministries was incorporated, and in January 2006 the ministry was approved by the Canada Revenue Agency as a non-profit registered charity.
All glory and honor goes to my Heavenly Father, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and to the blessed Holy Spirit. My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God, my Savior. For He who is mighty has done great things for me.
- That both the Old and New Testaments constitute the divinely inspired word of God, which is infallible
- That there is one true and living God existing eternally as a Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, became a man without ceasing to be God, in order that He might reveal the nature of God and redeem the entire human race that had fallen into sin.
- That the Holy Spirit came forth from the Father and the Son to convict the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment and to regenerate, sanctify, comfort and seal those who believe in Jesus Christ.
- That humankind is born totally depraved, and of ourselves, we are unable to remedy our lost condition.
- That salvation is the gift of God brought to humankind by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose atoning blood was shed on the cross for the forgiveness of sins.
- In the water baptism of believers, symbolizing the believer’s identification with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- In the observance of the Lord’s Supper, commemorating the sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ for all humankind.
- That the believer’s life is to be separated from the world by consistent holy conduct before God and humankind, and that the believer is to be in the world as life-giving light.
- In the personal, visible, and bodily return to earth of the Lord Jesus Christ
- That marriage is the union of one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others.
“There is power in virtue and virtue in power.” Mark Rutland
RIDM upholds these core values in everything it does.
- The Pre-eminence of Christ: We give Christ the first place in all things, and make it our goal to honor and please Him in all things.
- Love: We uphold the “agape” love of God as the principal motivating force in all that we say and do.
- Truth: We embrace the whole truth of God’s Word and build the lives of individuals upon that foundation.
- Integrity: We strive to be upright in character, honest and honorable in all our undertakings, following the Lord Jesus Christ as our model.
- Excellence: We encourage the highest standard of character and service.
- Honor: We attribute due honor to God and each other.
- Maturity: We strive to acquire and promote spiritual maturity through the Word for the building up of the Body of Christ.
- Unity in Diversity: We recognize, respect, value and embrace the uniqueness of each person. We believe in “Unity, not uniformity.”
- Being Real: We believe in expressing the truth about ourselves, recognizing that we have not yet attained unto the full manifestation of who we really are in Christ.
- Courage: We seek to make decisions and act out of the conviction of faith rather than feelings.
A few words about our founder
Reverend Marva Tyndale
Rev. Marva Tyndale’s passion to serve the purposes of God in the generations led in 2006 to the founding of Real Identity Discovery Ministries (RIDM, pronounced Redeem). RIDM is a life application ministry focused on the restoration of personal identity foundations, the pursuit of purpose, and spiritual advocacy for younger generations.
Marva is the author of two ground-breaking resource books that have been equipping parents and other adult groups in the prayer battle for younger generations (‘Keeping our Hope Alive: Strategies to Restore Teens and Young Adults’ and ‘911HOPE’). In 2015, Marva also launched the vision for Parent Start, an initiative which will target the young adult generation and equip them with a model for parenting from the womb.
Marva delivers life transforming messages and dynamic teaching from the pulpit, as well as through conferences, seminars, and retreats. She has appeared on television broadcasts and has been the keynote speaker at MissionFest Toronto and other events.
Marva is an ordained minister with the Open Bible Faith Fellowship of Canada and holds the Master of Theology and Master of Sacred Studies degrees. She is the mother of four and a grandmother. Marva and her husband, Maurice, are approaching 40 years of marriage.